Written by Victory Online Chef on March 28, 2021
125g of shortcrust pastry – home made or ready roll
½ jar of raspberry or other jam
75g caster sugar
1 large egg
Zest of a lemon
3 tablespoons of flour
120g of ground almonds
1tsp almond essence (not essential but DEFINITELY recommended)
½ tsp baking powder
Juice of half a lemon and icing sugar to form a drizzle that keeps it’s shape.
- Put oven to 180° C
- Place pastry in a pie dish and bake until just starting to change colour (15 to 20 mins)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
- Spread the jam onto the pastry case
- Prepare the almond filling by creaming the butter and sugar, add the egg and almond essence and fold in the ground almonds, flour and baking powder.
- Spread carefully over the jam and put back into the oven for approximately 25 minutes until slightly risen but not over baked
- Leave to cool.
- Mix the lemon juice and icing sugar and drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Delicious cold, even better still warm!