Written by Phil on 7:44 am
Fried aubergines with feta and sun-dried tomato:
3 aubergines (long and thin if possible)
2 cloves garlic, minced
200g of feta cheese
Salt and Pepper
A handful of parsley
About ½ jar of sundried tomatoes
A little lemon juice
- Cut some slices lengthways from the aubergines about 4mm or less.
- Coat each slice generously with olive oil on both sides and sear these on a hot frying pan or griddle.
- Put them on some kitchen paper to drain a little of the excess oil.
- In a small frying pan gently fry the minced garlic. Be careful it doesn’t burn! You just want to take the rawness out and mellow the flavour to give it a little bit of sweetness.
- Throw in the finely chopped parsley and stir for another minute or two.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste and a little salt and pepper. Set marinade aside.
- Cut the block of feta into fat matchstick lengths. You need 1 matchstick per aubergine.
- Put all the pieces into a dish and drizzle over the marinade. Preferably, you want to leave this to marinade for an hour or two, but you can assemble the aubergine rolls straight away.
- Take a slice of aubergine, lay a matchstick of feta and one of sun-dried tomato on one end, drizzle over a little extra marinade with some of that lovely garlic and parsley, roll it up and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Repeat until all the aubergine slices are rolled up.
- These can be served cold, but they are best gently warmed in the oven just before serving.
Try it for yourself!
** Please Note, the above image is for illustration purposes only. **