Sweet Potato Curry
Written by Victory Online Chef on March 28, 2021
Sweet Potato Curry :
For the basic sauce:
A tin of tomatoes
Two roughly chopped onions
A piece of ginger about the size of your thumb
3 cloves of garlic
a teaspoon each of turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli
For the vegetables:
Sweet potatoes and chick peas
To finish :
200ml block of coconut cream and Salt and Pepper
My sauce is simplicity itself, but you do need a blender or a food processor because it works best when the sauce is creamed together to make a smooth sauce. If you haven’t got a blender or processor then the taste will be there, but you sauce will be a little more chunky.
- Put the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a pan and simmer gently for approximately 25 minutes
- In a separate frying pan, gently fry sweet potatoes until golden on the outside and soft all the way through.
- Add the sweet potatoes and the tin of chickpeas to the curry sauce and add the carton or tin of coconut cream.
- Heat gently and check for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if required.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with rice or naan breads.